Kathmandu Cultural Tour
Kathmandu Cultural Tour covers the three ancient cities of Kathmandu valley. Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur cities, which were once independent states ruled by the Malla kings from the 12th to 18th century. These three cities are home to seven UNESCO World Heritage shrines, which are together listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Cultural Site. UNESCO World Heritage listed are Baudhanth stupa, Swoyambhunath Stupa, Pashupatinath Temple, Kathmandu Durbar square, Patan Kathmandu Durbar square, Bhaktapur Kathmandu Durbar square and Changu Narayan Temple.
During Kathmandu Cultural Tour you will sights hundreds of other beautiful monuments, sculptures, artistic temples and magnificent art reminders of the golden era in Nepal’s architecture. Kathmandu’s legend tells us that the valley was once a primordial lake ringed by verdant hills and mountains. In this pristine lake lived giant serpents until one fine day, Buddhist saint Manjushree, the Bodhisatva, raised a mighty sword and in one fell swoop, cut open the side of a mountain at a place now known as Chobar. The voluminous waters of the lake gushed out, leaving behind a fertile valley capable of supporting large urban settlements over the millennia. The Gopala and Kirati dynasties were the earliest rulers here followed by the Lichhavi, under who flourished trade and crafts. But the valley’s remarkable cities with their ornate palaces, the superbly crafted pagodas and the monumental stupas are testimony of the artistic genius of the Newar craftsmen, the original inhabitants of the valley, whose skills were championed by the Malla kings and appreciated even by the Mongol rulers of 18th century in China. During the Tour you will high chances to encounter color festival of local inhabitant of Newars’, Nepal is the only country which have more festival than the days of the year and more temple than the house of people. Specially in Kathmandu held lots of festival every day.
Our Kathmandu Cultural Tour program is introductory of Nepal, those who are coming first time to Nepal can learn about Nepali culture, taste Nepali food, enjoy with Nepali people. Tour will sight you famous Pashupatinath Temple, Baudhanath stupa, Swoymbunath stupa, Kathmandu Durbar square, Patan and Bhaktapur Durbar square. Our Kathmandu Tour program is possible to shorten by 1 day as per your time of availability and also possible to redesign on your taste. The visit to Kathmandu during Jatra (Festival) time more interesting. For the festival please check the festival date and combined one of festival with your program date.
Best Season: Round the Year
Destination: Kathmandu Cultural Tour
Activity: Cultural and Historical Tour
Max. Altitude: 1300m.
Group Size: 1 pax+
Tour Per Day: Approx. 4 – 8 hrs
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu and transfer to hotel. Overnight at Hotel
- Shambhala Holidays representative will welcome the guest and pick up from airport.
- Evening welcome dinner with Nepali Cultural Dance.
- Drop to hotel
Day 02: Kathmandu Tour – visit Kathmandu Durbar, Patan Durbar and Swayambhunath Stupa. Overnight at Hotel
- Pick up from hotel 0930 AM visit Kathmandu Durbar Square till 1200 noon after Durshan of Kumari living Goddess drive to Patan.
- Lunch at Patan and visit Patan Durbar Square
- Visit Swoyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple) and back to hotel by 1700 hour.
Day 03: Kathmandu Tour – visit Pashupatinath, Bouddhanath and Bhaktapur Durbar. Overnight at Hotel
- Pick up from hotel 0930 AM visit Bouddhanath stupa holiest and one of the biggest stupa of in the world.
- Visit Pashupatinath Temple holiest shrine of Hindu.
- Visit Bhaktapur Durbar Square, open museum of Pagodas’ and pottery drop to hotel.
Day 04: Drop to airport fly back to home.
- Drop to airport for return journey.
Trip cost includes:
- All arrival and departure transport
- All ground transport during tour
- Twine sharing basis accommodation with breakfast
- Tour guide and all entrance fees
Trip cost excludes:
- International air ticket and Nepal visa fees
- Lunch and dinner
- Travel insurance and cost of medical services of client
- Everest Mountain flight USD 230 per person including airport transfer optional
- Tips for supporting staff (Tips is expected)